Lasagna with ground beef
1 lb ground beef
1 small chopped onion
2 minced garlic cloves
29 oz can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon dried basil powder
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
8 oz pkg. lasagna noodles, uncooked
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1-1/2 cups cottage cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Spray the inside of the crock-pot with
2. Brown the ground beef, onion and garlic in a little cooking oil.
3. Stir the tomato sauce in with the ground beef, onion and garlic. Add the basil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir until well bended then remove from heat.
4. Spread 1/4 of the meat sauce on the bottom of the crock-pot.
5. Arrange 1/3 of the uncooked noodles over the sauce.
6. Combine the cheeses in a bowl (thin with a little milk or water.) Spoon 1/3 of the cheeses over the noodles.
7. Repeat these layers twice.
8. Top with remaining sauce.
9. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours
10. Let the lasagna stand in the crock-pot with the lid off for at least 10 minutes